Sam I am

Sam I am
Sam I am

She is Pecan

She is Pecan
She is Pecan

Hi Shelly

Hi Shelly
Hi Shelly

Oh my Sherman

Oh my Sherman
Oh my Sherman

She is Pecan Woods...


So, life was pretty good for me.
After all, I was the precious only child (and grandchild). 
#thosewerethedays #ineedatimemachine

Then, on one stormy night (okay, I exaggerate. It was a bright afternoon la), she came along.
#thenemesisofmylife
Yap, she is Pecan Woods Loo Lim.
In her heart, Mummy had always wanted a second dog. However, she didn't think that the time was right and hence, was never actively looking.
Until she saw this pic of a senior dog up for adoption....
The owner had to relocate to overseas and was unable to bring her along. 
#ahmaactcuteonlylor #sheisabiggerfraudthanme
Mummy's heart melted instantly as there was a striking resemblance.
#istillthinkicuter
And when she saw a second pic, she knew she wanted to adopt this dog instantly.
     
However, she had one huge obstacle to cross - Daddy.
She didn't think that there was any chance that Daddy would say yes. 
To her absolute surprise, Daddy actually okay-ed it. 
OMG~
#ithinkdaddysecretlyhatesme

The very first time we met, this old grumpy smelly stinky mean woman attacked me.
So I did what Sammy Loo does best - I rolled over and surrendered.
#oiIamnotloserokay #iwasbeingnice
Well, guess that pretty much decided the dynamics between the two of us.
Le Sigh~

Our first car ride home!
#IwasstillhappycosIdidnotknowwhatwascoming
Pecan took to our household immediately. 
I mean, she was taking all my toys and laying on all my beds.
#nomannersone
For the first couple of months, we were fighting, a lot. 
But overtime, the fights died off and we even started playing.
#iswearmummycriedtearsofjoythefirsttimeweplayed #gotsodramaanot
Apart from her crankiness with other dogs, Pecan was an awesome dog.
She was house-trained, great home along, loves people (and tolerate kids) and not a fussy eater at all.
Almost everything that I am not.
#spoilmarketla

While she is considered rather genki for a senior dog, ah ma did have her fair share of medical issues.
Firstly, her breath was so bad that she had to undergo scaling (she lost four teeth!).
#ahmaisbogay 
Secondly, she had pyometra (uterine infection) and required to undergo sterlisation. (That came with a cancer scare!)
Thankfully, she made a quick recovery and was back to her cranky ways really soon.
Now, she has a clean bill of health and we even celebrated her 11th birthday in 2014.
#shockedthatsheisancient
Ah ma is still a work-in-progress and can be slightly reactive when leashed.
Thankfully, our parents worked with a trainer to address her issues and we're proud to say that Pecan ah ma is pretty good with other dogs now!
Even better than me lor.
#shereallyisspoilmarketleh #nowilooklikeabratbesideher
K la K la, as much as I'm not too pleased to have to share my parent's attention with a smelly granny, I do enjoy her company. SOMEWHAT.
Well, at least there's someone to bother when mummy is ignoring me. 
Plus, she's quite comfy to cuddle with. 
So, yap, she is my sister and I am stuck with her.
But you know what, despite my endless ramblings, I can't quite imagine life without her.
So, I guess she is here to stay, and I ain't complaining no more.
#siblinglove #mummydoesnotwantmetotellyouthatsheisholdingtreatsinfrontofmetomakesurethatitypethispara #briberyatwork

No comments